CONTACT

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Chevron Bench

 
This piece is proof that one man's trash is another man's treasure! Thanks to my ex-neighbors who got rid of so many great pieces! The bones of this bench were in such great shape, minus the marker stains and carvings. I loved that this project was on such a smaller scale than the last few I have done so I was excited to start! In need a of a good sanding I removed the stains and any imperfections (I love the smell of cedar!). After sanding I used some wood glue on the crack in the top and sealed it up well. After letting that dry I wiped the bench down and gave it a few coats of some black paint ( I went more neutral than I usually do). I was originally going to sew a square cushion to fit the top but then decided I wanted to completely wrap the top in fabric. Using foam, batting and then the chevron fabric this bench ended up being pretty cozy! It measures in at 31"W x 17 3/4"H x 20 1/2D. It has plenty of space underneath to slide in some big baskets for storage. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment